2024 Daytripper Collection
Unpack once and pack your days with discovery
Picture this: a vacation that feels like home, with cozy, luxurious hotels as your base, and daily adventures to unveil the beauty of Ireland, Scotland, England, or Italy. The four guided vacations in our Daytripper Collection are crafted for those who want the best of both worlds—relaxation and exploration.
In Ireland, you'll spend your nights in the pretty little town of Adare while seeing some of Ireland's highlights by day, including the Cliffs of Moher, Blarney Castle, and the Cliffs of Moher. On the Scottish Daytripper, stay in Glasgow's hip West End by night, and take in the Isle of Arran, the Scottish Borders, Edinburgh, and more. On the London Daytripper, your centrally located hotel will be your hub for seeing some of the glories of the south of England, including Stonehenge, Canterbury, and Oxford. And in Italy, stay in the fabulous spa town of Montecatini Terme, and take in the marvels of Tuscany, from medieval hill towns to Renaissance Florence and the charming fishing villages of Cinque Terre.
And of course you'll enjoy the company of our fantastic tour directors, ready to welcome you and share the rich stories of their heritage, history, and local gems. As with every CIE Tours vacation, it's an adventure filled with laughter, new friendships, and fun.
Plus, with our "All-In Inclusive Advantage," you can kick back and enjoy the ride, knowing that everything on the itinerary, including all the sights listed and many delicious meals, are included.
Ireland South Daytripper | 7 or 8 Days
The charming village of Adare will be your hub for the week as you visit all of Ireland’s classic scenic highlights.
• See the thatched cottages and stone churches in the little village of Adare on a walking tour.
• Stand atop the Cliffs of Moher and discover the nearby Burren landscape.
• Watch skilled sheepdogs herd their flock in a demonstration at a farm.
• Stroll the grounds or kiss the famed stone at Blarney Castle.
• See the rugged coastal beauty of Dingle Peninsula and the Ring of Kerry.
• Take a jaunting car ride in Killarney.
• Savor lunch accompanied by traditional music at Taylors Three Rock.
Scottish Daytripper | 6 Days
Spend your nights in Glasgow’s trendy West End and your days enjoying the dramatic scenery of the Scottish countryside.
• Ferry to the Isle of Arran and enjoy a tour of Brodick Castle and Gardens.
• Visit Abbotsford House, home of novelist Sir Walter Scott.
• See the Great Tapestry of Scotland, 160 fabric panels displaying the history of the country.
• Cruise Loch Lomond and enjoy captivating vistas of the Highlands.
• At Stirling Castle, learn about 16th century royal life.
• Explore the medieval cobblestone streets along the Royal Mile and see the Scottish Crown Jewels at Edinburgh Castle.
London Daytripper | 6 Days
Unpack once in central London and see the amazing sights of southern England. Savor a free evening in the city to explore or take in a show, as you choose!
• Take a panoramic tour to see London’s magnificent landmarks: Big Ben, the River Thames, Trafalgar Square, and so much more.
• See the Beefeaters and the Crown Jewels at the Tower of London.
• Marvel at the sumptuous furnishings, fine art, and elegant architecture of Windsor Castle, home to the King.
• Wonder at the mysterious stone monoliths of Stonehenge.
• Walk in the footsteps of generations of scholars as you explore the university city of Oxford.
• Step into the Middle Ages as you visit the storied cathedral of Canterbury, a center of pilgrimage for centuries.
Tuscan Treasures with Cinque Terre | 8 Days
Stay in a luxurious spa town to explore Tuscany’s medieval gems and enjoy gourmet food and wine.
• Explore your home-base, Montecatini Terme, a spa town dating to Roman times.
• In Pisa, see the famed Leaning Tower, cathedral, and baptistry.
• Discover Renaissance Florence and see Michelangelo’s David.
• Learn about “Agriturismo” at a vineyard and olive grove with a farm-to-table dinner experience.
• Explore the colorful villages of Cinque Terre by train.
• Step into medieval life in the towns of Siena and San Gimignano.
• Go truffle-hunting with a highly skilled dog in San Miniato.