- Tour Highlights
- Dates and Prices
Optional Suggested Authentic Local Experiences:
- Discover the rich history of Dublin’s Trinity College on a walking tour.
- Immerse yourself in country life as you watch a farmer work with highly skilled dogs to herd sheep and sit down to tea or coffee with some home baking.
Optional Authentic Local Experiences
- Dingle Peninsula
- Book of Kells
- Charles Fort
- Cliffs of Moher
- Clonmacnoise Monastic Site
- Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum
- Kylemore Abbey
- Timoleague Franciscan Friary
- Radisson Blu St. Helen’s Hotel | Dublin (1)
- The Galmont Hotel & Spa | Galway (2)
- Old Ground Hotel | Ennis (1)
- Aghadoe Heights Hotel | Killarney (2)
- Celtic Ross Hotel | Rosscarbery (2)
- Dunboyne Castle Hotel | Meath (1)
- Hertz self-drive car with unlimited mileage based on a minimum of 2 people travelling together. Various vehicles sizes available – see our website or call us for rates
- Standard or automatic transmission
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), theft protection (TP), government tax (VAT) and Location Service Charge (LSC)
- Arrival group airport transfer when you book our flights – $15 per person fee applies to land only bookings
- Taxi transfer from your Dublin Hotel to Hertz downtown office
- Prebooked stays for 9 nights in hotels listed above
- Full breakfast daily except on day 1
- Dublin open-top bus tour and a visit to one of these prime attractions, Guinness Storehouse, General Post Office Museum, EPIC The Irish Emigration Museum or Teeling Whiskey Distillery
- Ireland Step by Step – 128-page guide with maps and suggested itineraries (one per room)
- Ireland at a Glimpse – discount book with 50% vouchers for almost 100 attractions
- Get Ready! Get Set! Go! – information book with basic travel facts
- Deluxe carry-on backpack, ticket wallet, luggage tags & strap
- All local taxes and hotel service charges
- Free Wi-Fi in most hotel lobbies
Old Ground Hotel, Ennis
A long-established, traditional hotel where the warmth of a country house blends with the style of a…
Celtic Ross Hotel, West Cork
This modern family-owned hotel is set right on the West Cork coastline on the Wild Atlantic Way. Six…
Radisson Blu St Helen’s Hotel, Dublin
This gorgeous hotel is located on a sprawling estate dating back to 1750. The accommodation is a sum…
The Galmont Hotel & Spa, Galway
Established in 2001 in Galway City Centre, The Galmont is one of Ireland’s finest 4 star hotels. Just a three-minute walk from the central Eyre Square and overlooking Galway Bay, The Galmont (formerly the Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Galway) stands in the heart of the city. With a range of guest rooms to choose from, the hotel is home to the award-winning spirit one spa and the best events facilities in the west of Ireland. Whether you’re in Galway for a weekend getaway, a family trip or on business, this hotel’s central location, helpful team and excellent facilities will make your stay one to remember.
Aghadoe Heights Hotel, Killarney
A 5-star luxury resort, this hotel is both beautiful and relaxing. There are many room options, some…
Dunboyne Castle Hotel & Spa, Dunboyne
This 18th-century mansion has been lovingly restored and carefully expanded to create a spacious, mo…
2019 SELF DRIVE – ELEGANTt IRELAND – 10 Days/9 Nights
Day 1: VACATION STARTS IN DUBLIN
Arrive at Dublin Airport and continue into the city. Your day is free to explore independently. Use your prepaid vouchers for an open-top bus tour of central Dublin or visit one of Dublin’s prime attractions such as Guinness Storehouse, Teeling Distillery, Epic Ireland or General Post Office Museum.
Day 2: CLONMACNOISE MONASTIC SITE & GALWAY
Take a taxi with your included voucher to pick up your car. Journey across the rolling pastures to visit Clonmacnoise, a monastic settlement founded in 544 AD and set on the banks of the River Shannon. Take a walking tour of Galway with a local guide. See the Claddagh, once a fishing village, where the famous ring originated.
Day 3: LOUGH CORRIB CRUISE & CONNEMARA
Embark for a cruise on Lough Corrib to enjoy the scenery and sip an Irish coffee while enjoying an Irish dancing demonstration. Drive through scenic Connemara. At Kylemore Abbey, visit elegant rooms and the charming lakeside church. Enjoy lunch and more views of Connemara before returning to Galway where the evening is free to explore.
Day 4: CLIFFS OF MOHER & ENNIS
Watch trained dogs herd sheep and enjoy tea and homemade scones. Travel through the Burren to view the Cliffs of Moher. Enjoy a walking tour of Ennis, dating back to the 11th century, with narrow streets and quaint shops.
Day 5: FLYING BOAT & MARITIME MUSEUM & KILLARNEY
Cross the River Shannon Estuary on a short ferry and drive along the shore to Foynes to visit the Foynes Flying Boat & Maritime Museum. Stop in Listowel to explore and lunch on your own before heading to picturesque Killarney. Dine at Rozzers Restaurant in Killeen House.
Day 6: DINGLE PENINSULA & GALLARUS ORATORY
Explore the scenic Dingle Peninsula for views of heathery mountains, sandy beaches, and rocky headlands. Visit Gallarus Oratory, a stone chapel that was also a shelter for pilgrims. Stop in Dingle to explore and have lunch on your own. Return to your hotel in Killarney.
Day 7: KILLARNEY’S JAUNTING CAR & CORK COASTLINE
Take a traditional horse-drawn jaunting car ride through Killarney National Park and along the shores of Lough Leane. Stop at Ross Castle and Kenmare Estate to admire the unspoiled scenery. Drive to Kenmare to have lunch and explore on your own. Continue along the County Cork coast and through Bantry and Skibbereen before arriving in Rosscarbery.
Day 8: CHARLES FORT & HISTORIC KINSALE
Travel along the West Cork coast to view Timoleague Franciscan Friary, founded in 1240, with picturesque ruins of the church and living quarters. Head to Kinsale, renowned since medieval times for seafaring trade. Join a local guide at the star-shaped Charles Fort before taking a gentle stroll through town.
Day 9: BLARNEY STONE & DUNBOYNE CASTLE
Visit Blarney Castle to kiss the famous “Stone of Eloquence” or enjoy a stroll through the grounds. Shop for quality Irish-made products at the Blarney Woollen Mills. Arrive at your luxurious castle hotel near Dublin.
Day 10: TOUR ENDS AT DUNBOYNE CASTLE
Your program ends after breakfast.
Dates and Prices
Select a date to request a quote?
Prices are not available at this Moment
|Sunday Apr 21, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Apr 30, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$1687||Book Now|
|Sunday May 5, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday May 14, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2111||Sold Out|
|Sunday May 12, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday May 21, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2111||Sold Out|
|Sunday Jun 16, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Jun 25, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2193||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Sunday Jul 14, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Jul 23, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2352||Sold Out|
|Sunday Aug 11, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Aug 20, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2074||Book Now|
|Sunday Aug 18, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Aug 27, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2074||Sold Out|
|Sunday Aug 25, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Sep 3, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2074||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Sunday Sep 1, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Sep 10, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2250||Sold Out|
|Sunday Sep 8, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Sep 17, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2250||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Sunday Sep 15, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Sep 24, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2250||Sold Out|
|Sunday Sep 22, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Oct 1, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2250||Book Now|
|Sunday Sep 29, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Oct 8, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$2250||Sold Out|
|Sunday Oct 6, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Oct 15, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$1878||Book Now|
|Sunday Oct 20, 2019 from Dublin||Tuesday Oct 29, 2019 to Dublin 10 Days||$1878||Sold Out|
There are no current reviews for this tour. Check out customer ratings for all our CIE Tours on our reviews page!