Plan your ideal custom trip, or follow one of our popular suggested itineraries. CIE Tours will make it easy – our trips include accommodations and your rental car. You’ll have the freedom to sightsee and dine at your own pace. Wherever you stay, you’ll be treated like a CIE Tours guest, and have the advantage of getting the competitive pricing we can access thanks to our long-established relationships with hospitality providers. You’ll travel in the comfort of your own current-model Hertz Rental Car, with your choice of manual or automatic transmission – plus you’ll get a complimentary GPS system to show you the way.
Stay where you like:
- B&Bs: Stay in a real family home to experience a friendly welcome from Irish homeowners. Select from over 800 properties in a variety of town, country and farm locations. We’ll give you open vouchers so you can explore at will, or you may book in advance through Bed & Breakfast Ireland’s website.
- A La Carte Hotels: Your choice of hotels range from value-priced to 5-star deluxe properties – pick from charming inns, stately manor houses, modern hotels and fabulous castle hotels.
- Mix and Match: You can blend your options to suit your preferences. Spend a few nights in B&Bs and some in hotels. Pre-book your rooms, or book as you go for freedom to roam at will. We do suggest prebooking your first and last night near your airport for greater peace of mind.
- You can use our self-drive vacations to extend your guided vacation before or after your scheduled tour dates by booking as many additional hotel nights as you wish.
- If you are a first-time traveler to Ireland, we suggest considering a coach tour for a more relaxing experience, and the benefit of being escorted by an expert Tour Director.
- Self-drive vacations can be less expensive – but don’t forget to budget for gasoline, meals and admissions.