You’ll enjoy a host of family-friendly activities, as well as accommodations and dining experiences chosen to be good for children. Your experiences will include:
- Enjoy a bit of maritime touring: Take a fun speedboat ride on the river Clyde, giving you a great view of Glasgow. Then board a historic Tall Ship – the Glenlee, built in 1896 as a cargo ship. After circumnavigating the globe four times, this ship has now become a museum. You can visit the Captain’s Cabin, the engine room, and the children’s play area.
- Visit Stirling Castle, once home to generations of Scottish monarchs, including Mary, Queen of Scots: With most of the building dating back to the 15th and 16th centuries, the castle has been besieged eight times and is one of Scotland’s most important historic sites. When you visit you’ll travel back into 16th century life, visiting with costumed court officials, servants, and maids of honor. And you’ll also learn to fire a cannonball and storm a castle!
- Go on safari in the Highlands: Climb aboard a 4WD vehicle and and search for wildlife. Then meet the distinctive Red Deer – you can feed and pet these magnificent animals. You’ll also meet the Barn Owl for a hands-on demonstration.
- See some of Scotland’s most gorgeous scenery: Take the Jacobite Steam Train – as seen in the Harry Potter films – through some of the most beautiful areas of the Highlands. And take a cruise on Loch Ness – perhaps you’ll see the world’s most famous monster, but you’ll surely enjoy the wonderful views.
- August departures will enjoy an evening out at the Royal Edinburgh Tattoo: Set against the backdrop of Edinburgh Castle, enjoy the pageantry and spectacle of this gathering of military bands and performers.