The Weekender Experience:
Dublin’s vibrancy is hard to beat, springing from an unparalleled literary legacy that still thrives in this modern, high-tech city. Listen to the buskers on Grafton Street, tour the elegant Georgian townhouses of Dublin, then settle in for a lively chat in a pub made famous by James Joyce.
Our Weekender series gives you the freedom of independent travel – but with the bonus of access to the expert knowledge only CIE Tours can provide. We’ll help you get up to speed quickly and hit the city!
- 4 breakfasts at your hotel
- Ashling Hotel, Dublin (4 nights)
Your trip includes:
- 4 nights of accommodation and breakfast in the centrally located Ashling Hotel
- Transfers to and from your hotel on arrival and departure when you book your flight through CIE Tours.
- A guide on the first day who will give you a walking tour of the city
- A private concierge, exclusively for you and your fellow travelers, in your hotel lobby on the second day – to help you with planning out your days in Dublin and maximize your fun.
Ashling Hotel, Dublin
This contemporary property offers 225 spacious and well-equipped guest rooms as well as stylish, modern restaurants, bar and public spaces. Located on the north bank of the River Liffey near Phoenix Park, the hotel is conveniently located for exploring Dublin. City center and Temple Bar are just a 20-minute walk away, and both sites, as well as many other attractions, are accessible via the Luas tram, which stops near the hotel.
2018/2019 Weekender: Dublin Delight 5 Days/4 Nights
Day 1: Ashling Hotel – Arrival Day
Your adventure will begin when you meet your local host in the lobby of your hotel at 2:00 pm. Your guide will give you and your fellow travelers a walking tour to orient you to the city today – he or she will get you started, offering plenty of tips to point you in the right direction and giving you the know-how to maximize your time in the city. You can get around today on Dublin’s light rail system using your LUAS ticket.
Day 2: Guinness Storehouse and Independent Exploration
You will visit the Guinness Storehouse today with your guide this morning. Meet your guide in the hotel lobby, and travel together to Guinness on the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus. The Guinness Storehouse is one of Ireland’s most popular sights. It’s a seven-story attraction telling the compelling story of the iconic Irish beer, starting with the founding of the brewery in 1759. The building’s design is stylish and modern, the history is fascinating, and the view of the city from the Gravity Bar on the top floor is spectacular. Your trip includes three days of access to Dublin’s “Hop-On, Hop-Off” tour bus to see the entire city, stepping off as you please to see the sites you want to see. So after your visit, you will be free to continue your day on the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus.
Day 3: Independent Day to Explore Dublin on Hop-On, Hop-Off bus
Today you will be totally free to explore the city as you wish, using your Hop-On, Hop-Off bus ticket. You will also have a voucher you can use to visit your choice of these top attractions:
- Teeling Distillery: Tour one of Dublin’s newest distilleries to experience the sights, sounds and smells of whiskey production. Established in 2015, Teeling is located in the Liberties, the historic heart of old Dublin.
- EPIC the Irish Emigration Museum: The world’s only fully digital museum, EPIC Ireland tells the story of the 10 million people who emigrated from Ireland over the centuries, and how they changed the world.
- GPO Witness History: Dublin’s General Post Office played a key role in one of the most pivotal moments of Irish history: the Easter Rising of 1916. The museum in the GPO brings this era to life.
Day 4: Independent Day to Explore Dublin on Hop-On, Hop-Off bus
Use your last day of the Hop-On, Hop-Off bus voucher to continue to explore the city as you please.
Day 5: Return Home
Your tour ends after breakfast.
Dates and Prices
Select a date to request a quote?
Prices are not available at this Moment
|Sunday Feb 3, 2019 from Dublin||Thursday Feb 7, 2019 to Dublin 5 Days||$648||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Thursday Feb 7, 2019 from Dublin||Monday Feb 11, 2019 to Dublin 5 Days||$698||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Thursday Feb 14, 2019 from Dublin||Monday Feb 18, 2019 to Dublin 5 Days||$748||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Sunday Mar 3, 2019 from Dublin||Thursday Mar 7, 2019 to Dublin 5 Days||$748||Guaranteed||Book Now|
|Thursday Mar 21, 2019 from Dublin||Monday Mar 25, 2019 to Dublin 5 Days||$748||Guaranteed||Book Now|
There are no current reviews for this tour. Check out customer ratings for all our CIE Tours on our reviews page!