go back to job listings
CIE Tours International, Inc. NJ
JOB TITLE: Creative Director
ABOUT CIE TOURS INTERNATIONAL:
For more than 85 years CIE Tours International has provided travelers with the highest quality vacation experiences to Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. With offices in New Jersey, Dublin and Cardiff, CIE Tours enjoys an excellent reputation among its customers with exceptionally high service delivery. CIE Tours' knowledgeable tour directors are the envy of the industry, focused on giving travelers an unforgettable tour experience combining culture, history, food and unique moments you can only experience as a guest of America's leading Ireland and Britain experts. Visit us at www.cietours.com.
The Creative Director will be responsible for communicating CIE Tours' brand identity and value proposition across multiple channels including digital, social media, video, print, and Agency/partner marketing. In addition, the position will be responsible for crafting compelling marketing experiences in all facets of the CIE Tours brand as the lead designer/art director for the in-house production department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead and manage the design, layout and mailing process of our primary brochures (50-100 pages), oversee the day-to-day production of smaller brochures, fliers, and print mailings throughout the year.
- Develop the overall look or style for a wide range of media; including print, digital and PowerPoint.
- Build brand standards and create processes to ensure all creative assets meet set standards.
- Art direct or partner with production artists in the completion of projects.
- Review and approve designs, artwork and graphics developed by other staff members.
- Generate original, bold, and on-strategy creative ideas for clients and new business opportunities.
- Lead and motivate creative team, representing client requests and brand equity while supervising creative staff.
- Support the creative development process by leading brainstorm sessions.
- Maintain accountability for overall quality of creative work.
- Translate business and marketing objectives into creative strategies.
- Set and adhere to deadlines for each project as determined by weekly and master production calendars.
- Actively manage the comprehensive creative budget and ensure projects are produced on budget and with adequate staffing needs.
- Determine creative resource and investment levels and the allocation of resource and funds across projects.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline and/or equivalent related applicable experience.
- 8+ years of design and art direction, 5 of which should have been in a Creative Management role.
- Comprehend creative briefs to understand how written content and imagery must complement each other.
- Demonstrate strong ability to connect with consumers through innovative design and a background in direct response.
- Knowledge of design principles and practices: layout, color theory, typography.
- Flexibility to work on numerous projects simultaneously with tight turnaround deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Expertise with InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat.
- Strong layout and typographic skills.
We offer competitive compensation and a positive work environment. Please send us an email including a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements.
go back to job listings