go back to job listings
CIE Tours International, Inc. NJ
JOB TITLE: Reservations Agent
ABOUT CIE TOURS INTERNATIONAL:
For more than 85 years CIE Tours International has provided travelers with the highest quality vacation experiences to Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. With offices in New Jersey, Dublin and Cardiff, CIE Tours enjoys an excellent reputation among its customers with exceptionally high service delivery. CIE Tours' knowledgeable tour directors are the envy of the industry, focused on giving travelers an unforgettable tour experience combining culture, history, food and unique moments you can only experience as a guest of America's leading Ireland and Britain experts. Visit us at www.cietours.com.
The Reservations Agent is responsible for booking CIE tours via inbound and outbound calls from travel agents and individual consumers. They will provide a positive customer experience while handling requests for information, preparing quotes, and securing reservations for parties of one to nine by educating customers on CIE products and pricing. This position represents CIE Tours' brand and plays a critical role in providing a high quality of service to develop and maintain customer base while converting opportunities to a sale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Book tours for travel agents and individual consumers by providing the features, benefits, competitive edge, and value of each tour package.
- Proactively meet sales targets as assigned.
- Handle high volume of inbound and outbound calls in a timely manner.
- Follow assigned scripts to ensure effective communication with customer base.
- Promote travel products and services to help grow the business and provide a positive customer experience.
- Seize opportunities to upsell optional extras on tour packages and/or promote "a la carte" services.
- Respond to incoming service calls and e-mails from customers who want information about trips provided by CIE Tours.
- Identify customers' needs, clarify information, research and resolve issues by providing applicable solutions and/or alternatives.
- Make follow-up calls to provide customers with necessary information on pricing, itineraries, and other pertinent information.
- Proficiency in all CIE's products and services available to customer base along with an awareness of products available in the marketplace.
- Process customer information in Softrip system and document calls according to standard operating procedures. Update and maintain reservation information and customer records.
- Process payments using the Softrip system and discuss pricing with customers for trips.
- Route calls to other internal personnel when appropriate.
- Meet personal/team qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Sales and customer service experience in a Call Center environment preferred.
- Travel industry experience preferred.
- Proven track record for over-achieving sales goals/quotas.
- Strong phone etiquette and communication skills, including active listening.
- Customer focus with ability to adapt to different personality types.
- Possess strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manager time effectively.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products and customer information systems.
We offer competitive compensation and a positive work environment. Please send us an email including a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements.
go back to job listings