go back to job listings
CIE Tours International, Inc. NJ
JOB TITLE: Product Manager
ABOUT CIE TOURS INTERNATIONAL:
For more than 85 years CIE Tours International has provided travelers with the highest quality vacation experiences to Ireland, Scotland, England and Wales. With offices in New Jersey, Dublin and Cardiff, CIE Tours enjoys an excellent reputation among its customers with exceptionally high service delivery. CIE Tours' knowledgeable tour directors are the envy of the industry, focused on giving travelers an unforgettable tour experience combining culture, history, food and unique moments you can only experience as a guest of America's leading Ireland and Britain experts. Visit us at www.cietours.com.
Responsible for the design, preparation and implementation of all tour elements and components that are involved in the creation of each tour series. Product Managers are charged with all matters pertaining to the product enhancements and tour feedback from guests and internal staff for a select group of assigned tours or region. Should have an excellent understanding of the CIE Brand product standards and ensure tours are compliant. Reporting to the VP of Product, Product Managers are expected to work with direction from Marketing and Product to meet specific brand goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contribute to the research, design, development, maintenance, enhancement, organization, communication and budgeting/costing of changes to current product and new product opportunities for assigned tours/region. This includes incorporation of the enhancement process in all itinerary revisions and accordingly reporting changes for the broader audience.
- Maintain and enhance all assigned products/region with respect to cost-of-sale management, quality control, customer service, new/unique opportunities exclusive to CIE.
- Oversee and facilitate the general maintenance of each assigned tour/region including, but not limited to, frequent correspondence and follow-up with hotels, suppliers and driver/guides, and crisis management.
- Negotiate assigned supplier components for assigned tours/regions and facilitate the administration as Finance inputs supplier rates in Softrip, in strict accordance with required deadlines.
- Manage creation, maintenance and execution of budgets for each of the assigned tours. This includes creating and regularly requesting Finance to update tour budgets in Softrip with accurate costs. Monitor budget variance reports regularly and address tour cost variances to plan so that they may be recovered from our partners and project variance accurately.
- Responsible to meet/exceed Cost of Sale and Margin goal for hotels, coaches, meals and activities.
- Ensure that the best value for guests by identifying alternatives opportunities and creating bids for suppliers.
- With speed and accuracy, ensure delivery of appropriate information to all internal constituents to sell the product, including pre/post hotel contracting, and marketing edits, guest requirements, training materials and payable terms. This includes responding to all internal inquiries within 24 hours. These groups include Reservations, Sales, Marketing, Creative, Driver/Guide, Guest Relations and Finance.
- Oversee and facilitate assigned supplier contracts and reservation requirements, system updates, production, review, distribution and supplier fulfillment for all assigned products/ region including, but not limited to, initial requests and any subsequent changes.
- Collaborate with Yield Management to procure or release inventory in regards to operational deviations.
- Work with Operation Services and Driver Guide Ops teams to maintain awareness and understanding of Driver/Guide functionality, assignments, budgeting and overall operational needs.
- Maintain superior supplier relations through negotiations, routine activities, supplier visitations and industry events.
- Oversee and facilitate the research and fulfillment of special tour requests such as dietary restrictions, handicapped rooms, wheelchair assistance, individual transfers, joining and general itinerary information, and advance pre/post tour hotel reservations for pre-formed groups when indicated by the Sales Department.
- Maintain a thorough awareness of current and potential suppliers for assigned tours/region, and general awareness of all CIE suppliers, including site visitations and attendance at industry functions and trade shows as necessary and appropriate.
- Maintain thorough awareness of company competitors and their product offerings, including where necessary, competitive analyses.
- Participation in sales programs including but not limited to, product presentations/training to Sales and Marketing staff, Reservations staff, management, and consumer and travel agent groups as necessary and appropriate.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline and/or equivalent related applicable experience.
- Proven successful managerial experience in the travel and/or hospitality industries.
- Customer focused with ability to respond to questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to travel 70-90 per year with flexibility to adapt to schedule changes, if necessary.
- Demonstrated competencies in PC literacy in a Windows based environment possessing a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Adherence to deadlines with ability to create work schedules and manage teams through them.
- Budgeting and ability to keep costs on target throughout projects.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining accuracy.
- Provide creative solutions that translate concepts and product information into compelling and effective selling materials.
- Experience collecting and incorporating feedback from various stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable attitude with high standards of customer service both internal and external.
- Working knowledge of SOFTRIP operating platform preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
We offer competitive compensation and a positive work environment. Please send us an email including a cover letter, resume, salary history and requirements.
go back to job listings